By Shay Mayes, Customer Impact Scheduler
People often ask us what makes a good mystery shopper. There are a lot of qualities that a good mystery shopper generally has.
- 1. They appreciate good service and understand what that is, when they receive it.
- 2. They want to help improve the service levels at the places they like to frequent. Mystery shoppers take pleasure in knowing that their comments and suggestions are read and acted upon by the businesses they shop. They take personal satisfaction in watching service improve and in knowing that they played a part in that.
- 3. Good mystery shoppers are objective. They approach each new assignment as if it were the first time they had ever heard of the store they were assigned to shop, and they provide unbiased information in their surveys and allow the clients to draw their own conclusions.
- 4. Reliability is key! Good shoppers only accept assignments which they know they will be able complete on time and correctly. If they find they cannot complete a shop as assigned, they communicate with their schedulers right away.
- 5. They understand the importance of following directions. They read and follow each client’s evaluation criteria exactly as it is spelled out.
- 6. They are observant and attentive, able to pay attention to what is going on around them and remember details that are observed.
Do you think you have what it takes to be a good mystery shopper? What other qualities do you think can be included on this list? There is no “one-size-fits-all” mystery shopper description!