RETAIL MYSTERY SHOPPING
Retail Mystery Shopping delivers data that allows you to make qualified business decisions.
We work with all types of retailers to be their in-store eyes and ears.
The feedback that retail mystery shopping provides positive effects for businesses that are impossible to deny. In some cases, it can help turn businesses completely around. At the very least, it can clarify issues that would have otherwise gone unnoticed in a retail business.
Common areas to measure include service, timeliness, product knowledge, sales skills, staff appearance, cash handling, pricing, product displays, availability of products, safety issues and more.
A quality retail mystery shopping program offers:
- Knowledge. In retail the axiom that knowledge is power is more true than in many other industries. In fact the more actionable information you have the more freedom is available to you to be able to make smart moves that can mean the difference between smooth sailing in profitability and struggling to stay ahead. Mystery shoppers help add to that knowledge base. They know what to look for, the questions to ask and the information that you need most!
- Educated Outside View. It’s often hard for an “insider” to notice everything that’s going on in retail, no matter how thorough one is. Are sales people acting differently when management isn’t close by? Are products being rung in properly? How are customer questions being handled? A mystery shopper can give unbiased feedback on all that and more. You may be surprised to find it’s a completely different world when you’re not present.
- Maximizing Your Training Dollar It’s no secret how expensive training is, and when necessary retraining can be. This investment in each employee can be great and take quite some time to recover. Retail mystery shopping helps identify the areas that businesses need to focus on most and where their training budget can be best utilized. Wasted training time and dollars are saved and areas that may have been skipped can receive more attention!
- Keeping Customers Happy Were you aware some studies suggest that over 95% of customers base where they shop not only on the products offered and pricing but on how well they are treated by employees? This is a number that should open eyes. Your marketing, prices, advertizing and brand are all important to get them in the door but getting them to come back can be a real issue that a mystery shoppers feedback can help you identify giving you the opportunity and, if necessary, to repair or refocus before sales are hurt by poor customer satisfaction. No one wants that to happen to their business!
- Cost Effectiveness Bringing in a quality mystery shopper presence doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact when the bottom line is looked at the figures may surprise. When the amount of money saved or inspired from the mystery shopper’s work is considered Mystery Retail shopping often pays for itself and then some. Not hard to consider it a wise investment in more ways than one!
Don’t be left behind playing guess work. Retail is both competitive and demanding and any edge to keep you ahead is well worth exploring. Retail mystery shopping can help give you that strategic edge with actionable information. Let a trained professional give you another set of eyes and ease!
Contact us below for more information or cost estimation for an upcoming project.